Reading and spellings
- Spellings can be located in your child’s home school record, and the children will be tested each Friday.
- Please continue to support your child with regular reading sessions. They will have their books changed on a Monday. The children are expected to read 4 times per week. Please remember to sign their reading record so we know they have practised. Unfortunately, if they have not read they will start to fall behind and so we will give them the extra practice within the school day.
- Year 1 will be given a national phonic reading test in June. The test is an assessment of your child’s ability to use phonics for reading and if they are making good progress.
- Access DoodleMaths at least once a week and earn at least one star (to be reviewed each term).
- Regularly practise mental maths (doubles to 10, halving up to 10, number bonds to 10).