- Weekly reading target (should be about 20 minutes at a time, minimum of 4 times a week)
- Spellings for weekly test (see homework diary for how well they did)
- Mental maths practice for weekly test (see Home School Record for how well s/he did)
- Maths homework once a week
- Additional maths/English tasks where necessary
- Doodlemaths at least 3 times and at least 30 stars per week
Year 5 have been learning about forces in Science. They used the parachute to explore gravity and air resistance.
Video of outside parachute.MOV
Year 5 then they made own parachutes to find out how the size of the canopy affected the time it took to land. Watch the slo-mo videos of our parachutes.
Video of inside parachute.MOV